JAS install queries

FreddyFrancis

FreddyFrancis

Well Known Member
Hi List,

I have to install JAS for our XE setup running on SP22, with ES on AS400 ,DB2 database.

We are planning to go for WAS4.0,fixpack 6 being installed on NT platform ,the Jas and Http server will be installed on this very machine.

Is this posssible?If so What is the WAS repository database to be installed on the Nt machine..? How do i connect to the ES database on iSeries ?

Thanks in Advance
Freddy

It should be possible. We are somewhat similar but are running Windows 2000 Server for our Jas box instead of NT. We are running 4.0.6 and Http server on this box.

We have the repository stored on the Jas box in a SQL 2000 database. I think we had to do this. In a previous version, they had a 'built in' database for the repository and you didn't need to store it somewhere else.

Accessing the data on the ES is controlled through Websphere and Http server which is installed on your Jas box.

Once up and running you need to generate all the applications, dd, reports, etc. into the F989998/9 tables through your generation PC. In our case, these tables reside on our AS400 server.

The repository is peculiar to WAS4 and goes away again in WAS5.

The repository is a storage location for Websphere configuration data and can be placed in a database pretty much anywhere and does not have any sort of real performance needs. I usually place the repository database in with the existing E1 system databases to keep things simple. The repository database is different that the database where the serialized objects (F989998/F989999) tables are stored.

You should really be installing WAS5 as I think support for WAS4 from Oracle ends soon.

Back