_Setup.exe crash

kkaminsk

I am supporting an environment where clients are sometimes experiencing an Application Error when the Enterprise One client accepts a full package. The end user is not given local administrator rights and it is very likely that this will not change. We do unlock the portions of the OS that the client needs access to in order to install but that does not seem to be enough.

We have been able to watch the process on a machine that will break and a machine that does not. Unfortunately the logs we get from Regmon and Filemon (www.sysinternals.com) shows that there is no real access issue occuring. All I have is the JDEInst.log where there are a couple entries that occur only on a machine that breaks. The errors are listed below:

CInstaller::ConfigureSecurity: System exception when loading library 'C:\B7\system\bin32\OWVER.dll'. The error message was 'The specified module could not be found. '

CInstaller::ConfigureSecurity: System exception when loading library 'C:\B7\system\bin32\jdekrnl.dll'. The error message was 'The specified module could not be found. '

Attached is the JDEInst.log of a broken machine. Any suggestions would be welcome. We are unsure of why this is occuring because jdekrnl.dll and OWVER.dll seem to be installed so we have no idea if these errors are the cause or result of the issue.

Attachments

• 88319-jdeinst.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,038
It is not necessary to make the user local administrator but it is necessary to make them power users with the rights to up update certain registries. See the following documents on the Customer connection website:

Solution ID: 200783106,200821585, 200823243 and Knowledge Garden document OTI-01-0082. How this helps.

Patty

Hello, i've been thorugh this problem before, all you have to do is permit the user to 'read' and 'change' the C:\B7 folder in your DEPLOYMENT server, maybe you have to get the user login onto a domain first and stopping any antivirus services before running JDE installer. It worked for me.

Hope it helps.

Back