Ship Confirmation from Third Party Help

jaberry

We are using a outside vendor to do our distribution functions such as pick, pack, and ship. Currently, the process is we enter the order, send the outside vendor our order, they pick, pack and ship and then send us actual ship confirmation information. The kicker is, before we send the information to the vendor, we hard commit the location and lot number, so if there is a backorder or a change, the outside vendor has to send this to us also.

I am trying to find the best way to handle this information. Has anyone done this or have any suggestions? Is there a z-file or EDI Table that you have found will do this easily.

Thanks,
Jimmy Berry
ERP 8.0 JDE Oneworld
SP23 AS/400

We are OneWorld on the AS400 with third party RPG based distribution center software.

We have interface files that we download shipments and transfers into.

We also have interface files that receive the shipments and post them into OneWorld.

There is also an interface file that receives cycle counts and does inventory adjustments in One World.

We are coexistent. So we took the RPG shipment confirmation program in World and used it as a basis to write our own RPG batch shipment confirmation program.

So you are saying that there is not a inbound process that will take the ship cofirmation sent from our third party distributor and update the sales files. We will then do the ship confirmation ourselves.

We did something similar where we had to Ship Confirm in WMS. We used EDI interface tables to do this. The only loophole was - we had to ship confirm in JDE as well as in the 3rd party software(PKMS).

No there is an easy way to do it. I'll need details on the input. I did
write a small routine to accomplish that
Give me details and I'll walk you through on what to do
Thanks

If there is a way to do that, it would be great. I do not have a problem with doing the ship confirm within JDE and the third party system. How did you handle that.

Re: RE: Ship Confirmation from Third Party Help

Attached is the information that I am requesting from them. Since we are entering the order and they only have to change the following fields, I am only going to ask for the specific information.

Record Type
Order Company
Order Number
Order Type
Line Number
Business Unit
Item Number
Actual Ship Date
Actual Receipt Date
Unit of Measure
Quantity Shipped
Quantity BackOrdered
Quantity Canceled
Quantity Received

The process will be at this time:

1. JDE enters order
2. JDE ftp's order to 3rd party
3. 3rd party pick pack and ships order
4. 3rd party only sends back the above information
5. JDE takes information and changes the sales order detail lines
6. JDE ship confirms in order to relieve inventory.

The problem I am having is with line 5

Thanks a ton for your help.

Back