Role Relationships issue ERP 8.0 SP22

Mark Gollehon

I am running into an issue with Role Relationships (P9000 W9000B). First of all, when I create a new Role UDC, it has access to all Taskviews and sub-tasks after I create the Role. In order to block access, I have to remove the Check-box at the Task view level and for all sub-tasks below each task view. Should'nt I be able to just remove the check-box at the Task View level?

[ QUOTE ]
I am running into an issue with Role Relationships (P9000 W9000B). First of all, when I create a new Role UDC, it has access to all Taskviews and sub-tasks after I create the Role. In order to block access, I have to remove the Check-box at the Task view level and for all sub-tasks below each task view. Should'nt I be able to just remove the check-box at the Task View level?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark,

You need to make a couple of configuration settings. Mark all of the taskviews EXCEPT End-user Tasks SECURED. In the End User task view, you need to close off the parent tasks that you don't want the new role to see, child tasks of those parents will be hidden. If you subscribe to JDEtips Journal or Quest Q&A, look at their May issues for more information on that.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Back