EnterpriseOne and Inovis

Entropy

Hi, we're gearing up for a transition both on the ERP side (MAS200 to EnterpriseOne), and on the EDI side (Gentran Director to Inovis TrustedLink Enterprise, Sterling to Inovis VAN). However, TLE was a package chosen by my predecessor, and I've just learnt of BizManager's integrated mapping tool, which apparently has a GUI (perhaps shallower learning curve for someone familiar with Gentran), memory-based mapping (explicit mapping being one of my pet peeves about TLE), and can supposedly read/write directly to and from EnterpriseOne tables.

So, while waiting for a call back from Inovis to discuss options, I've trawled around the web and these forums looking for information on Inovis Mapper, and I've pretty much found bugger all, even on Inovis' website.

Has anyone here used both products, or knows Inovis Mapper well? I would appreciate any advice on relative capabilities, ease-of-use, performance, implementing direct table access for inbound/outbound, size of user base, or any other compare and contrast aspects.

I have minimal experience with TLE (some training), and zero with BizManager outside of BizConnect (which we use for EDI-INT). Our platform will be Wintel/SQL. If I'm leaving out anything, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Philip

Back