E8.11 JAS / Web Server installation problem

DEvans

Dear Least,
We are performing a new JAS installation of E8.11. Have followed the manual to pre-req the web server and applied the recommended fixpacks and cumulative fixes to WAS5.0 and WASE5.0. Have also configured the system so that it is listening on ports 81 and 82 as per the manual. however, when i run through the jas install i get to the RMI Port number not found screen. if i click next and try again i get the following error screen (see attached, text details below):

The following errors are often associated with your WebSphere Server not being started.
Please verify your WebSphere Server is started, click 'Next' and then verify that the WebSphere information you entered is correct.

WASX7023E: Error creating "RMI" connection to host "localhost"; exception information: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException
WASX7213I: This scripting client is not connected to a server process; please refer to the log file d:\Program Files\WebSphere\AppServer\logs\wsadmin.traceout for additional information.
WASX7017E: Exception received while running file "C:\DOCUME~1\db2admin\LOCALS~1\Temp/jasvhlist.jacl"; exception information: com.ibm.bsf.BSFException: error while eval'ing Jacl expression: com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: AdminControl service not available

has anyone else seen this problem? i am not seeing any problems with websphere start up and shut down and can run snhweb05/snoop successfully. to ensure that it is started.

Attachments

• 88022-untitled1.jpg
    88022-untitled1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 154
Hello,
I have the same problem with Solaris/Oracle 9i with 8.94L1 Release Tools.
Have you solved it ?
Regards,
Loïc

I've seen this before when the server1 process hasn't been started. Is this process running when you are getting the errors?

Yes,
IBMHttpServer is stopped but WebSphere server1 is running.
I also used DeploymentManager. Could it be a valuable reason ?
Thanks for your help
Regards,

Darren,

I have seen this before and have also just found a solution for it on the Customer Connection. Solution # 200973034 details one fix for this, although it may not be the cause of your issue. When I worked in GSC, I saw this a few times and the resolution was always different.

Here is another solution that may help as well: 200819774

FYI, another reason I just found that may cause this issue is if ND is installed. If that is the case, the node must be unfederated, the JAS service pack installed, then the node federated again.

Back