Table Conversion does not insert into foreign tables with key field

Sef

Sef

VIP Member
Hi all technical people and developers

I am attempting to use Table Conversion to directly insert records into foreign tables of another SQL database. I believe the basic setup to be correct (as per ott-99-0045 we created a new environment, data source and OCM mapping).
Also the creation and mapping in the Table Conversion UBE seem to be correct. However when I execute the TC I receive the message :
An explicit value for the identity column in table 'DBO.{Tablename}' can only be specified when a column list is used and IDENTITY_INSERT is ON

The reason for this, I have been told, is that each of the external tables contains a key field which is automatically assigned at insert. Therefore the TC Insert row statement should NOT contain the key field. I have verified this by executing a straight SQL-Insert command in query analyser where the key field was left out.

It seems that the JDE TC program will always execute the ‘TC Insert Row’ command with the key field included (typically this value will be NULL), thus resulting in the error I just described.

Has anybody encountered this issue before and does anybody know of a solution or work around.

TIA for all suggestions.

Hi All

I just trialed one method that suddenly came to me. By creating a virtual table / view which excludes the key field I was able to insert into the foreign database. I am interested to know though if there are any other solutions (eg enabling identity insert through TC like you can do in DTS).

Back