E8.11 Standalone hangs when starting web server

Jeff_MontAssoc

I have installed E8.11 Standalone. I get the EnterpriseOne Life Cycle Tools menu at startup, but when I select EnterpriseOne Menus from the Tools menu, the system hangs attempting to start the web server. I have installed WebSphere Express and verified startServer.bat is where the jde.ini file is looking, and is set to start IMMED. The error I receive is "Failed to start web server" and after closing that window, "Failed to Launch E1 Menu on HTML Engine"

What am I missing/forgetting?

Thanks,

Jeff
E8.11, PC with XP sp2, 512RAM

Man!
I'm facing da same problem. Tried posting it even on an Websphere forum. Please reply if u crack it. I'll try too!

If you check the logs i.e. the websphere logs, you might find somethin. I'm gettin "InvalidExeculableException" and "Cannot find the specifide path". I haven't cracked it yet.

Problem resolved. It was a bad WebSphere patch. I downloaded new patch and reinstalled. All works fine now.

Hello Check your jde.ini. there is place where you need to specify the path for your websphere installation. If this is incorrect you may bot be able to run it.
I had the same issue and was corrected by correcting this path.

Back