Open Media Objects fails - Permissions to stg file in moqueue

DRezanka

DRezanka

Reputable Poster
We've recently migrated our Web Server from WAS 4.5 to WAS 5.0.2 on an iSeries and are having problems with opening OLE and URL Media Objects...

When our users attempt to open OLE or URL media objects using HTML client, the error "Failed to open storage file in the given queue" is displayed. The cause is that when the stg is FTP'd to the Web Server moqueue, it is created with *PUBLIC *EXCLUDE permissions.

Things we've done:
-We made sure the permissions to all folders in the path all the way to the moqueue are *PUBLIC *RWX
- The stg's open fine if I change permissions on the file once it has been FTP'd
- The stg's have the owner QEJBSVR
- The Application Server runs under profile QEJBSVR.

We have a similar problem with our SystemOut and SystemErr logs being created with *PUBLIC *EXCLUDE.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Regards
Doug

I haven't figured this out yet. Oracle just sent the case to Development. I called IBM as well. The answer I got was "the only tool to set permissions is GRTWASAUT" but could not tell me what to configure.

I feel the problem is the JAS is using the user profile the Application Server is running under (QEJBSVR) and WebSphere API's to retrieve the Media Objects and something in this task is not configured right. It is tough to prove without being able to get the JAS experts to talk with the WAS experts.

Anyone have this problem?

Have the same problem here. Two I-series. One is fine, other also suffers from media objects with *public *exclude. Can't figure out the difference between the two servers. Upgraded to WAS 5.0.2 and SP23.
Did you manage to solve the problem? I'm would like to know.

XE, SP23, V5R2, JAS

Has there been any traction on this issue?
I'm experiencing a similar problem:
I have a couple users receiving this message immediately when logging into Citrix,

Title: Media Objects
Message: "Warning: Failed to open storage file in the given queue. Unless you select File, Cancel from the menu, you will lose data links in this Media Object! <OK>"

They can click <OK> and continue, but I cannot determine the cause.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:

mb
ERP8.0 update81 sp23_m1
Citrix MF4.0

Back