Http Server and WebSphere

gigi

gigi

VIP Member
Hi guy,
I have OneWorld XE with SP22 OneOFF O1. May I install web server with "IBM HTTP 2" and "WebSphere 4.0.5"?
I don't want install WebSphere 5.0.2 and IIS
Thanks in advance
Gigi

I have used SP22E1 with WAS 4.0.5 and IBM HTTP 2.0. I cannot comment on SP22O1, but mine worked fine.

Some important notes about both WAS 5.0.2 and WAS 4.0.5
and memory leaks w/ the WAS 4/5 JDK. I spend 50+ hours tracing user 'dump' issues & memory mgt issues to the install of the JDK SR7 patch for WAS 4&5 on intel. This is a CRITICAL update for JAs in my opinion. If you perform advanced perfomance monitors before & after, you'll see the hugh difference in the Java memory mgt.
Download here:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg24007622
- Per many friends of mine, the V5R3 JT400.JAR file caused problems? Experiment w/ JT400 from 51,52, and 53 for best performance.

Good luck
Jeffrey

[ QUOTE ]
Hi guy,
I have OneWorld XE with SP22 OneOFF O1. May I install web server with "IBM HTTP 2" and "WebSphere 4.0.5"?
Thanks in advance
Gigi

[/ QUOTE ]

Ciao Gigi,

IIS is not a recommended component of the JDE/Oracle web client. Use IBM HTTP server. It comes along with websphere. DB2 also comes along with webspere. You will be using DB2 as a repository of web objects. You will continue to use your regular database on your enterprise server. The new DB2 database will be directly on your webserver to hold the java objects that you generate. I'm sure that Oracle is "thrilled" about having IBM webservers and IBM databases as part of their application suite. :) Good luck!

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

IIS works just fine with WAS/JAS. I would also recommend utilizing your current database as the repository. There simply is no need to add another database to your mix.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi guy,
Thanks in advance
Gigi

[/ QUOTE ]

Ciao Gigi,

IIS is not a recommended component of the JDE/Oracle web client. Use IBM HTTP server. It comes along with websphere. DB2 also comes along with webspere. You will be using DB2 as a repository of web objects. You will continue to use your regular database on your enterprise server. The new DB2 database will be directly on your webserver to hold the java objects that you generate. I'm sure that Oracle is "thrilled" about having IBM webservers and IBM databases as part of their application suite. :) Good luck!

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back