Business Function Debugging in C++ (Breakpoint problem)

Jeremy Biros

Well Known Member
I am trying to debug an XE business function using Microsoft Visual C++ like I have done a thousand times before. This time, when I start the debug, my breakpoint turns white, and I get the following message: "One or more breakpoints cannot be set and have been disabled. Execution will stop at the beginning of the program." Does anyone have any clue as to why this is happening? Thanks in advance, Jeremy.

Dumb question.... have you tried to run Busbuild over the function again? Did you check to ensure the DLL is listed correctly in the Additional DLLs tab?

Sounds like the dll your project is pointing to is in a different directory than the one you're compiling. (i.e. building in DV, but project is pointing to the dll in the PY folder).

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like the dll your project is pointing to is in a different directory than the one you're compiling. (i.e. building in DV, but project is pointing to the dll in the PY folder).

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. I wasn't working on my normal machine, and when I checked the DLL list, it was indeed pointing to the wrong pathcode. Thanks!

Hi,

Although this is an old thread, I would like to continue here as I am facing the same problem. I have checked the path code in which I built my code and the path of the dll that I am including. Its the same, so I do not see any issue there. I tried debugging a program through oexplore.exe as well as a UBE through LaunchUBE.exe but both fail to stop at the breakpoint and give the error mentioned in the first post. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

FYI -
1.) I have checked the path codes and they are ok.
2.) I have compiled the code locally.
3.) While building I have ensured that it is set to Debug.
4.) I have tried debugging 2 UBEs - R0911Z1 (CFIN.dll) as well as a custom UBE (CCUSTOM.dll); and 1 program (Address Book MBF) by following the steps at http://jde.mywwsoft.com/index_files/debugbsfn.htm
5.) I was successfully able to debug the Address Book MBF program on the same machine around 6 months back. I dont remember anything has changed in the meanwhile.

To add to my above post, I see the following in my Debug window in VC++. Not sure if it is related.
Loaded symbols for 'C:\B7\PD7333\bin32\CCUSTOM.dll'
Loaded 'C:\B7\system\Bin32\LaunchUBE.exe', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\ntdll.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\B7\system\Bin32\Jdekrnl.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\USER32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded symbols for 'C:\WINNT\system32\msvcp60.dll'
Loaded 'C:\B7\system\Bin32\Jdecalc.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\B7\system\Bin32\xmlube.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\mmdrv.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Viewer initialization Successful
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\RNR20.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\dnsapi.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\IPHLPAPI.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\icmp.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
First-chance exception in LaunchUBE.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0x000006D9: (no name).
Loaded 'C:\B7\system\Bin32\iconv.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\B7\system\Locale\Iconv\UCSTBL.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\B7\system\Bin32\Jdbodbc.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\ODBC32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\odbcint.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\cwbodbc.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Mri2924\cwbsomri.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
pt=788/568 1213546+0000 loaded by: LAUNCHUBE
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\odbccp32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Mri2924\cwbcomsg.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
The thread 0x340 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Getting CWP anewPath caching is ONThe thread 0x340 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Loaded symbols for 'C:\B7\PD7333\bin32\JDBTRG1.dll'
Loaded symbols for 'C:\WINNT\system32\MSVCRTD.DLL'
Loaded symbols for 'C:\B7\PD7333\bin32\JDBTRG2.dll'
Loaded symbols for 'C:\B7\PD7333\bin32\JDBTRG3.dll'
Loaded symbols for 'C:\B7\PD7333\bin32\JDBTRG4.dll'
Loaded symbols for 'C:\B7\PD7333\bin32\CALLBSFN.dll'
The program 'C:\B7\system\Bin32\LaunchUBE.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Back