Disconnect Errors

DMiller

Hi there.
Here's my situation... someone can be working just fine on a fat client (version B732.1 - yeah I know it's old) in one specific application for hours but then when they attempt to open another application, the following window pops up saying 'Unable to Fetch Record from F00821.'

Then in the JDE.LOG we see the below error:
ODB0000183 - SQLExecute failed

[IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver]Communication link failure. comm rc=10054 - CWBCO1047 - The iSeries server application disconnected the connection - SQLSTATE: 08S01

JDB9900170 - Failed to execute db request
ODB0000183 - SQLExecute failed

The only coincidence that we have regarding this problem is that it only occurs to people with laptops. The normal desktop PCs do not seem to be having this problem, just the laptops. We've turned off the power management thinking that could be causing it but it still happens.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try to do to fix this? If the user logs out of OneWorld and back in again then everything works fine but I'm wondering why the connection is disconnecting. Could it be something on the AS/400 we need to change?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Miller,

Do these laptops have Wireless? Are they using Wireless or have a landline while the Wireless Radio is still active?

Wireless interference could be the issue... even if they are tied to a hard wire. As the wireless tries to accomidate for static, or renegotiate with 'anything wireless' - the connection can get lost (event the connection through the Ethernet Cable).

Beware the killer microwave, cordless phone, x-box wireless connector or anything on 24/50 radio bands.

(db)

Did you ever get a resolution to your problem? I had a similar issue with users at a remote site. It was a configuration issue with ODBC driver. Let me know if you want more information.

FloridaBob.
cool.gif

Yeah... the previous post helped me out. It appeared to be because the laptops had a wireless or firewire connection enabled. We disabled those and haven't had the problem since.

FloridaBob -
This issue is back again. Can you send me information about the ODBC fix you found?
Thanks much!

FloridaBob -
I too am running into this so-called "laptop disconnection issue". Can you tell us what you found in the ODBC setup?

confused.gif

Florida Bob,

Will you please send me the info on the resolution. I am receiving the same errors.

Thanks!

Back