Moving media objects from deployment server to the IFS

General

Hello all,

We would like to movie media objects from our deployment server to the IFS. Has anyone done this and if so, how can we go about doing it?

Hey, DiD you compleete this, We are getting ready to do the same thing, Any thought or Inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

I was testing this week and couldn't get it to work. According to the instructions and various documents, the server housing the objects has to be NT based.

I could get the MOs to work fine pointing to the DS. If I changed the paths to point to the IFS, it wouldn't work.

Grant.

Not sure if people are still trying this. After many discussions with JDE about moving it, the .STG file type is a windows file format and can not be created through OS400. You can read already created attachments (OLEQUE types), but can not create new ones. The only way I saw of getting around this was to using an integrated windows card on the iSeries (these come with the new 5-Series boxes) and host them through that. Doesn't really put them in the IFS like I would like them to - but it does move them onto the iSeries.

Media Objects according to JDE can be hosted on any windows box - doesn't have to be the dep. server. But it does require guest rights on that box - since this is how they attach. This rules out a NAS using Active Directory (since most people do not allow GUEST on an AD server). This is suppose to be fixed in the tools release 8.96.

Hope this helps.
wink.gif

Back