Table triggers, AS/400, and EnterpriseOne Xe sp23

michaelpmcclure

We are trying to get some new table triggers to work in our multi-foundation environment for development. I have checked all the jde.ini files and they all list DV7333 as the Default environment. PD7333 and PY7333 only exists in the environment listings of the ini files.

The questions I need answered are:

1) How can we debug the triggers on the AS/400?

2) Are there any special CNC steps that need to happen before the triggers will work?

Thank you for your assistance.

For starters, You may want to review the IBM Info site @
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/ic2924/index.htm

My follow up, is about the triggers themselves. In the OS400 Schema, what type of trigger is this? What are you trying to do with the trigger?

As for CNC related to triggers, I'm not a E1 developer. But what your asking of the database is at the OS400 DB/2 level. If you are able to interact with that in E1 I am not aware of that. My guess is that you'll be working in the DB layer. But I really do not know.

Here is another link from the work w/ triggers & constraints. Notice the table which shows what can be done just w/ the navigator tool.
IBM link for triggers & constraints

There is a host of info on the IBM site. Just do a search for triggers. Also, here is a snippit about using the iSeries Navigapor (GUI for iSeries Access) which has come a long long way in the last few years. Maybe it can help you.

-------------snippit from IBM site----------------------
Using iSeries Navigator, you can define system triggers and SQL triggers. Additionally, you can enable or disable a trigger.

To add a trigger, do the following:

In the iSeries Navigator window, expand your server -> Database -> Libraries.
Click the library that contains the table to which you want to add the trigger.
Right-click the table to which you want to add the trigger and select Properties. On the Table Properties dialog, click the Triggers tab.
Select Add system trigger to add a system trigger.
Select Add SQL trigger to add an SQL trigger.

Back