Langauage upgrade

jjcnc

Hello,

How does the language upgraded duing an upgrade. Does the language actually gets upgraded or is it just a fresh install of language pack...

Any comments and suggestion will be very helpful

The process will use R98403 to copy the language records, one by one. But since your system aready has language installed, most of these record inserts will fail. You will get only new records.
So, is it an upgrade or an install? Not sure, depends how you look at it. So if you have changed the translation of some DD item or of some UDCs, thats what will remain. It won´t be overwritten.

Gerd

Multiple Langauage Support

Hi Gerd,

I have read your answer on this quote. I think you can guide me for my problem. Actually I need multiple language support for my UBE. I have made one invoice UBE it's supporting only English language. But our client is asking for displaying in both English Or Swedish language. So what is the procedure for do enable our report for multiple languages supports.

looking for your kind assist,
Kalpesh

Re: Multiple Langauage Support

Kalpesh,
We use 15 languages here.
Be sure when you are building your packages that you are selecting each of the languages you have installed for every build going forward.
And...
You must first do a full package build with the languages, so the parent of the subsequent update builds has the necessary languages.

Why must things be so complicated?
So we have a job, I guess.

* I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Back