XE to 8.11 upgrade - table conversion failing

pshearer

Anyone seen this before? When R890007C\XDE0001 runs I see the following error in my debug log:

TAMInitX (d:\peoplesoft\e811\dv7333\spec\jdeblc.xdb)

It is attempting to find an XE pathcode under the 811 directory struct.

Any ideas?

-Paul

I copied the dv pathcode to the e811 share to get around the error with this
tc, though having it there forced repeated prompting for datasource passwords
for the subsequent TC's?

Regards,

Kieran Fitzgerald

Hi Paul,

I had the same problem with Xe->8.10 migration.
My workaround was :
1. Copy //deployment/b7333/dv7333/spec folder under /deployment/e810/dv7333/spec and
2. Copy //deployment/e810/planner/bin32 folder
under //deployment/e810/dv7333/bin32.

I know it looks horrible but it worked for me.

I'm pretty sure that it's due to a buggy ESU Planner.

Sebastian Sajaroff
PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne CNC

Guys,

Fairly certain its in the upgrade instructions somewhere to ignore this error

Ian

Re: RE: XE to 8.11 upgrade - table conversion failing

Hi,

Check that Security Server is disabled while updating
your environments (TC and Spec Merge).

I had a call open with THE VENDOR on this one, and was told to ignore this error, and to not bring over any B7333 specs by copying folders, or creating shares.

Maxell,

Which is 'The Vender'? If you called them - they area a named identity - you can help everyone by eliminating the mis-info.

please tell

(db)

Gang:
We were having similar problems with table conversions and we found this document at Oracle/PSFT

Title: Unicode Flat File
Abstract: In PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne 8.9 the conversion to Unicode uses flat text files to communicate between PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne and other Systems. This document discusses this new functionality.
A conversion may be necessary when reading and writing flat files. This is due to the fact that while PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne 8.9 is capable of handling Unicode file the correct character set must still be defined. This enhancement to add application P93081 that provides a mechanism to control this conversion to allow the reading and writing of flat files in a given character set as defined in P93081. Due to the fact that PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne uses Unicode and not all third-party software does, there is a process handled though an API that will determine if an inbound or outbound flat will need to have the character set changed. During this process the software converts the flat file into the Unicode character set or back into the original character set. In the jdeCallObject API there is a parameter called LpBhvrCom that contains information to query the Unicode Flat File Encoding Configuration table (F93081) for the flat file encoding. This table is populated and configured by the Unicode Flat File Encoding Configuration program (P93081).You can assign the conversion character set applied to a flat file based on the user or role, the program ID, program version and the environment. This can be done by activating a flat file encoding record.

By doing this step, it allowed us to process the table conversions.

Attachments

• 87218-Unicode Flat File.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 494
Sorry - The Vendor refers to Oracle/PeopleSoft/JD Edwards..whatever they are called today.

Back