Some 8.10 reports not submitting to server

kfleck

Upon testing 8.10 after the upgrade I have come accross about 5 out of 30 custom reports so far that simply do not appear to be submitting to the server. The majority of them work perfectly fine. After I select the batch version and submit it I check the server to see the status of the job (processing, complete, etc.) but the report isn't even listed anywhere and I can't seem to find any error messages. I also tried to submit a pre-payroll and the status changed to "A" for active but again there were no jobs even submitted. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions on how to fix it? I can't seem to see a difference between the reports that work and the reports that won't even submit. One report has four versions, two of the four versions submit. I can't figure it out. In that particular case the only difference between versions is the data selection. Any help would be appreciated.

AIX Unix enterprise server, Oracle 9i database

I am having something similar happen in 8.0/SP23_F1

Jobs that have run fine suddenly do not show up in WSJ...nothing, like they were never submitted. I can't get a log to be created or anything.

The version will run on the fat client, but not on the web client.

Check to see if you are specifying a specific job queue in the version that
is not defined in 8.10 in GH9013|P986130. In 8.10 you have to define all job
queues here. This got me.

Richard

_____

Behalf Of kfleck
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 10:33 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Some 8.10 reports not submitting to server

Upon testing 8.10 after the upgrade I have come accross about 5 out of 30
custom reports so far that simply do not appear to be submitting to the
server. The majority of them work perfectly fine. After I select the batch
version and submit it I check the server to see the status of the job
(processing, complete, etc.) but the report isn't even listed anywhere and I
can't seem to find any error messages. I also tried to submit a pre-payroll
and the status changed to "A" for active but again there were no jobs even
submitted. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions on how
to fix it? I can't seem to see a difference between the reports that work
and the reports that won't even submit. One report has four versions, two of
the four versions submit. I can't figure it out. In that particular case the
only difference between versions is the data selection. Any help would be
appreciated.

AIX Unix enterprise server, Oracle 9i database

_____

The entire <http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=> JDELIST
thread is available for viewing.

Looking for a job? Check out the Job
forum

This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Mailing List.
The instructions on how to unsubscribe from any JDELIST mailing list are
available here <http://www.jdelist.com/unsubscr.shtml> .
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwardsR.

Re: RE: Some 8.10 reports not submitting to server

From what I can tell my queues look like they are set up properly. How do I tell in the report if a specific print queue is referenced? One report in particular has four versions. Two of the four submit and work just fine. The other two do not submit and the only difference I can see is data selection on the reports. Here is an error that keeps showing up in the JDE log:

1852/2028 Fri Mar 04 15:24:19.953 queueapi.c79
QUEUE04900030-Failed to FetchKeyed for aixutil01_6012_QB7333 in F986130

1852/2028 Fri Mar 04 15:24:19.953 Lanchube.c2111
LANCHUBE-00450040-Failed to get queue type for aixutil01_6012_QB7333

In the GH9013 - Job Queue app I have two entries set up for our enterprise server: QBATCH, and I-ACTIVE - both are using port 6012 (Unix/Oracle 9i).

For some reason the error in the jde.log is still referring to "QB7333" - the old Xe version. We have upgraded to 8.10. Do you have any idea where it would be coded to look for QB7333 and how I can change it to look for the new 8.10 queue?

To find out if the version has a specific job queue just go to batch version and select the version detail row exit. The job queue is in the upper right hand corner.

We had the same issue. It is not neccessary that all the versions are going to the same queue. I found out that some versions were pointing to a non existent queue and I changed them and they started running fine. When you lauch the job select the override job queue option and select one of the existing queues and see whether the report shows up. If it does check out the version and change the queue.

Thank-you so much. That worked. My pre-payroll would not submit either and that was the problem. For all the reports that would not submit I went to OMW, checked out the report version, click design, click revise version, clear out the job queue. I then built an update package and deployed it with the modified report versions.

I still don't understand how that print queue got entered into a few of the versions though.

I just thought it was worth mentioning that we sell a software tool to report/bulk-change the Queue Name overrides in versions.

If interested, please, contact me via e-mail directly.

Does anybody know what table specifies the Batch Version Print Queue? I have searched through a few of the obvious tables, but can't seem to find the table that holds the print queue specified for a report version. I would like to query that table to determine if I missed any report versions that have the old Xe print Queue name hard coded into the version detail (without having to manually look at each report version detail through OMW or BV).

The job queue field from the version detail screen is most likely in the F983051 table. You can't see it because it is contained in the blob field.

Patty

Back