Not able to check in version of reports

jasvinder

I am not able to check in the version of reports in omw I can check out. The error it gives is "General error in method in check-in". But I am able to checkin/out reports , I am also able to checkou but checkin is a issue.....

Check OMW logging - there's, probably, something with the configuration. It should point you in the right direction...

I also meet the same problem with you. I'm not sure what the problem is. I also find that the project with versions can not be upgraded, and I have to move them out from the project. But you can check in/out versions with BV.I'm working with EO 8.9.

Wish can help you.

check about OMW rules
I presume than the rules about versions is omit or invalid.

But I am also not able to checkin through BV...giving the same error "General method check in error"

1. check the space on the server.
2. check DB Transaction log file

jasvinder <[email protected]> wrote:
But I am also not able to checkin through BV...giving the same error "General method check in error"

The versions which are created in BV can be checked in. For the versions created in project, I can not. Whenever I met this, I have to copy one in BV and check it in.

I've checked the OMW rules and could not find the reason.

Hi there,

It is likely to be related to your activity rules in OMW. What does the OMW log display?

Best Regards,

Sanjeev

Sorry to raise this post again, for my issue has not been solved. A few weeks ago, I have checked in the version successfully, but today I met this problem again, here is the error information:
"Failed to find a required Template table record in the destination for this version. Template must exist in the target location before the version, or be in the same project if this action is being done on the project.. OMW Object Type UBEVER, Object ID R5703B4201!DB001 checkin failed."

Can anybody tell me the reason? Thanks.

Versions are created for Templates, commonly known as UBE's, and a Version cannot exist without a Template.

Thus, to be able to check a Version into an Environment, the Template must already exist in that Environment.

The error you are observing is probably caused by doing development directly in PD or PY. Check-in from BV follows different rules and may work, if the Environment you are signed into does contain the relevant Template. Checking-in from OMW would try to push the Version into the Environment associated with the Project status (likely DV), which may not have this Template.

The resolution will be different depending on the required result. Where do you want the Version to be checked in?

Hi Julia,

Alex is right.
Just few further question:

Q1.) On which Path Code does your custom R5703B4201 exist?
Q2.) Where were you signed on (Environment or the Path Code of that Environment), when you received this error?
Q3.) Where did you create and try to Check-In the Version? (Batch Versions vs. OMW)
Q4.) What is the Project Status of your Default Project?
Q5.) Do you use the standard OMW configuration or have you customized it? (e.g. new Activity Rules for extra Path Codes)

Read you later,

Zoltán

Thank you, all,
Sorry to reply it late.

We use the Standard OMW configuration. When the project is created, its status is 11. I upgrate it to 21, then check in the UBEs. During programming, I have to create some versions for testing (I usually test them in PY, that means I always signed on in PY. I don't know if it is the reason). After test is ok, the UBEs will be checked in, but versions can't be checked in (error). I have to delete these versions, and upgrade the Project to 38.
After that, I can create new versions in BV, and check them in with no error.

I think the error is related to envionment, for test convenience, I never signed on in DV.

Could you give me some comments?

Best Regards

Hi Julia,

It is the mysterious world of OMW.

It is a great tool, while you handle only REAL Object Librarian type of objects. Unfortunately, JDE tried to handle other kind of "animals" the same way. For example:
1.) Batch and Interactive versions are a "bit" other kind of animals. E.g. "normal" users do not create and modify Object Librarian objects, but can create and modify versions - so it requires different handling
2.) UDCs, Menus are also another kind of animals, like User Overrides too, further Workflows too.
3.) At last, but not least Data Dictionary Items are totally other kind of animals.

Let see your scenario:

1.) If you signed on PY, then BV and OMW try to Check-In your Batch Version (BV) to PY (independently of the project status)
2.) If the template UBE still do not exist on PY, then BV and OMW can not Check-In the version.

What can I suggest:

1.) If it is possible, sign on DV and test there (NOTE: while your UBE had never been checked-in DV, the BV check-in will fail too).

2.) If your development rules allow, then Check-In the UBE, promote it to PY (status 26) and test on PY. If it is required, step back to 21 programing status to modify the UBE, Check-In again and promote again to PY.

Maybe a good practice in your scenario to handle BV and UBE in separate project.

If you are familiar in OMW configuration, then maybe you can try to set up special configurations, which fits to your needs.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltán,

You help me find the reason. You are so kind that your explanations are very clear, thank you very much.

Best regards

Back