A few questions about user security, please help

Jacky Zhang

Hi All,

I am new to E1 and solution explorer, therefore I have a few simple questions regarding the user security issue, could anyone help me please?
1. How to setup the initial menu for individual user? I didn't find it anywhere in user revision form. (E8.10 standalone)
2. I send a task to Favorite by right click and choose "send to Favorite" menu selection. But while I log off and logon again, the Favorite list is still empty, what is the problem?
3. What is Rough Cut?
4. What are the meanings of Preset One, Preset Two and Preset Three in the Solution Explorer Revisions Form?

Here are some quick thoughts I had...

1) P95921 is where you set up their default role for Solution Explorer.

2) Make sure that you have the "Save settings on exit" option checked. You can find this when on the main screen, then click on "File" in the upper left corner of the screen.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Q1. How to setup the initial menu for individual user? I didn't find it anywhere in user revision form. (E8.10 standalone)
A1. You need to assign a user to a role.

Q3. What is Rough Cut?
A3. Who cares, you won't be using it anyway. It's kind of like your appendix, it's there, but sures no useful purpose.

Q4. What are the meanings of Preset One, Preset Two and Preset Three in the Solution Explorer Revisions Form?
A4. You manage the user's control over Solution Explorer by the Solution Explorer Revisions Form. There are some common combinations of user rights that vary from a generic user to a developer to a CNC. The presets are a quick way to make those changes for a group (or role in 8.10 speak). I created a fairly restrictive Solution Explorer standard and assigned it to the *Public group. I then managed by exception and created some less restrive setting for CNCs, Developers and Application Leads.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Back