Update Pkg Install fail on some clients

Zaki Ahmed

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I am having a problem installing the update package on remote location clients. here is what i've done, please let me know if i m missing anything.

1. Package deployed successfully from primary deployment server to remote deployment server
2. Copied Oneworld Client Install files from primary server to remote server
3. Changed the install.inf file on remote server and corrected the path to point to right INF file
4. Deployed package on clients

Now some clients have installed is successfully. However, some clients are having error:

"setup failed! The error reported by operating system is 'Access is denied'. Please run setup again.

When running install through scheduler, the error comes up:

"Setup was either canceled by the user or failed"

I've checked all the paths on inf file for update package and they are fine. Again, some clients have successfully isntalled it so it can't be because of the package.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

------------

OneWorld XE 7334
Oracle
WNNT

Hi Ahmed,

Verify that your users have Read-Write rights on
the remote Deployment share, plus Read-Write rights
on its NTFS structure.

Sebastian Sajaroff

I've checked that too. I've logged in as admin. On the machine that's having problems, I've tried to reinstall one of the old packages, the package installed successfully.
confused.gif

Ahmed,

Have you got enough JDE licenses? May be you ran out of
licenses.

Sebastian Sajaroff

Are there workstation security policy issues that are causing the update package installation to fail.

Is the user a local admin for the workstation?

Hi Noor,

If this is the first time you are doing it on the machines (the ones giving you trouble)ensure all of them are all in the same domain as the others which were not giving you troubles. and they are able to access the path with READ-WRITE rights.

Also Do have a look jdeinst.log for any specifis reason too..

Freddy

If the operating system of the client pc is Windows XP make sure you turn off system restore. I don't have XP on my pc but I think you right click on my computer, go to manage then you will see a system restore tab.

Patty

Did you check the JDEINST.LOG file on the PC. Sometimes when I am accepting packages on my XP machine I get a message that says it failed, btu when I check the JDEINST.LOG it was successful.

Forgive me for offering the obvious but we have all missed the obvious from time to time.

You are not trying to install an update package on a machine that does not have the full package are you?

Like trying to accept a Production update package on a machine that only has DV and PY.

Back