Standard A/R business view for custom reports?

Robert Robinson

Robert Robinson

Reputable Poster
In World (A73), we had created a World Writer which used the F0311 table. This report used a combination of A/R invoice and A/R Receipt information. I am now trying to replicate the report in OneWorld. I notice how the World F0311 is exploded out to the F03B11 and F0314 detail files, with a myriad of business views. I have looked (to this point unsuccessfully) for a business view that combines the invoice and receipt detail. Is there such a business view? If so, what is it? If not, do I need to "roll my own" business view? If this is the case, what key fields do I need to link to make it work? When I try to link based on the payment ID field, the 11 and 14 tables do not seem to link properly.

The relatinship in AR for OW is:
The F03B13 is the header for the F03B14 using PYID
The F03B11 is related to the F03B14 by batch for some purposes but if you want to exclude everything but the portion of the payment being applied to the AR DOC you are looking at you would connect by DOC, DCT, KCO, SFX as is done in V03B11PMD. That view indicates it joins these files right in the name so how did you not see it along with others like V03B11PME ... you need to check these and figure out in usage what works best.

For instance for performance you would look to find a view that has all the fields you need or anticipate needing but the least amount of those you don't want. If it is not critical then you are fine with whatever but if it is you may need to create one to meet requirements. OW is much different than World and performance drives development choices much more.

Anyway, I am a rambler so excuse me;-) ... this view should work for reporting purposes.

Good Luck

Tom

Back