How to disable automatic saving file from "submitted job" sceen

levm4

How to disable automatic saving file from \"submitted job\" sceen

Hi group,

We're looking to disable automatic file saving when a user click on "view pdf" or "view csv" in "submitted job" screen.
The "saving output location" is in workstation's jde.ini file.
We're searching for disable completely this functionnality.
Target: User can view the "submitted job" output file (located on enterprise server), but this one should not (automatically) be saved anywhere. User must do "file/save as" to save the file.
Thanks in advance for your help !

Re: How to disable automatic saving file from \"submitted job\" sceen

Did you look at the event rules behind the button "view PDF" in P686110B ?

Maybe you can desable the copy function or add a delete function in case "copy" is done in a complex BSFN ?

levm4,
I love these sorts of brain teasers.
Creativity Mode Unlocked:
Setup a RAM drive then it acts just like any normal drive. Reboot computer and the files are gone!

The problem to overcome is that Acrobat needs to access the file to present it to you. It can't work directly from the Enterprise Server's Print Queue. It must be copied somewhere you can access locally without going through the ODBCs.

How about you send it to a TEMP directory that has a local scheduler job that runs on some regular cycle and what it runs is a batch job that deletes all files in the temp directory?

Perhaps more ideas will come if you can explain why you need this to happen.

I remember at a QUEST conference that a company centralized their reports by having users send a request to someone to run their report and would access their reports from a web site that they built. I cannot remember the name of the company but if you have a lot of users who run just inquiry reports you can save licencing, training ...etc.

Back