Scripting RUNUBE

JGarrett

Hello!

I am trying to build a script that will run several UBE's using RUNUBE. The trick is that I need to check for successful completion of each UBE prior to running the next one. Is there any way to check for the status of a UBE from the command line? Or, is there a good way to parse the log created by the UBE? Problem there is how do I find the correct log file (PID variable???)?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

E1 8.93_G1 W2K Datacenter\SQL Server 2000

Thanks!

John,

I have a couple of ideas that may help and I am assuming that you are running EnterpriseOne on a Windows platform:

Option 1. Put all the UBEs in the Windows or EnterpriseOne scheduler. Preface the running of each UBEs (except the first one) upon the completion of the previously scheduled scheduler entry. The scheduler should stop running the UBE following a following a UBE that ends in error.

Option 2. Write a .bat file containing all the UBEs. Add the DOS batch command "ON ERROR" (or whatever it is) after each UBE call. Exit the program when an error occurs. Call the .bat file from the business function (may be BA1030 or something like this) to run the .bat file.

These are just high level ideas and I have not tested them. So you will need to work out the
details.

My 2 cents. Good Luck.

Danny McMillian

JGarrett <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello!

I am trying to build a script that will run several UBE's using RUNUBE. The trick is that I need to check for successful completion of each UBE prior to running the next one. Is there any way to check for the status of a UBE from the command line? Or, is there a good way to parse the log created by the UBE? Problem there is how do I find the correct log file (PID variable???)?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

E1 8.93_G1 W2K Datacenter\SQL Server 2000

Thanks!
John Garrett Senior Consultant La-Z-Boy Incorporated [email protected] E1 8.93_G1 W2K Datacenter/SQL Server 2000

This can be done using a VBscript run through windows scheduler. You can test for ube completion either by connecting to and querying the F986110 table for a completion status..or by looking in the Printqueue folder for the existence of the UBE. these two tests are really just completion only...if you want further checking that can be scripted as well. feel free to email me to discuss.

Scott

Why don't you call the 2nd UBE from the first, and call the 3rd UBE from the 2nd, etc.

Regards
Luis Felipe

I have worked with our developers to develop an EXE that will submit jobs to the JDE job scheduler, this has the advantage of utilizing the JDE Job Queues. This EXE is then called from a "real" job scheduler called ActiveBatch. Unfortunately, the EXE is not robust enough for me to distribute yet and only has been tested with ERP 8.0

Alex has a simular peice of software without the Job Queue support at http://www.pastuhov.com.au/ube_commander.htm.

Scott,

Thanks for the reply! I would really like to accomplish this in VBScript, if possible. I am just stumped as to how to check for the status on these UBEs. I am open to any suggestions! Please e-mail me at the addy below when you get a chance.

Thanks again!

John

Back