Demo Jr. HELP not working on WinXP SP2 with IE6 SP2

sungoku

Hi,

I noticed that demo jr (8.9) installed on computers with WinXP SP2 and IE6 SP2 have problem displaying its HELP. Whenever I click for help, it will display "Cannot find path to C:\B9\helps\bin\Interface.htm<and so on> When I try to open that file from Windows explorer, it displays most but not all items and in the end, it's an unusable HELP. I checked out MTR and it doesn't mention supporting IE6 SP2, only mentioning IE6 SP1. I don't think I can downgrade my IE6 from SP2 to SP1. What are your thoughts on how to do a workaround? Most new computers right now are already on SP2.

Any input is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

Byron

I have exactly the same problem with 8.93 -version and winxp sp2.

On Monday I will know if this is cured with 8.94 -version.

We are in the process of testing EO810 after upgrading from XE. I have not tested the Help on 810 standalone but I am receiving the same error when trying to access Help in EO810 on a WinXP SP2 with IE6 SP2 pc. I have a support call open and they said they have not had any other calls. Maybe you could open a call as well and we can get this resolved.

Dave Rammer
Sheboygan County IS Dept
Test: EO810 w/8.93.N1 Ent. HP-UX 11i App. W2K
Citrix Metaframe SP3/FR2

Thanks guys! Will update this post if I have any resolution.

regards,
Byron

Hi Habarric,

Yes, we found a resolution and that's to downgrade to IE6 SP1. We'll have to look for an older WinXP installer so that it still doesn't have SP2 and so does its IE6.

Hope this helps
Byron

Back