People Soft - Upgrade Care Program - XE

Wes_D

Well Known Member
Hi List,
Today I received a mail from PeopleSoft offering an extended support for XE assuming we are committed to 8.10 or 8.11. It doesn't mention how much the cost would be (I'm guessing a lot since they offer 10K discount if we buy other products worth more than 20K) but I was wondering how hard is it to upgrade from XE to 8.10 w/o Jde's support? We only have one module live with XE (CSM) and some custom apps.

Thanks, Wes

Wes,

I don't know the cost either, but I do know that the upgrade process isn't THAT hard. There a number of good consultants frequenting these forums who I'm sure could provide excellent guidance for a fraction of what Peoplesoft wants ($).

Regards,

We recently had a technical assessment here and are waiting to see what the final cost is to upgrade from Xe to 8.11. We're hearing numbers around $120K and I believe that includes upgrading two environments...but don't quote me. I am not a deciding manager...just a mere CNC pawn who is awaiting to hear if I'll be doing this on my own or with some help from Peoplesoft/Oracle.

Back