Interface JDE with Serial Port,

LUMA

Good Morning,

we are applying JDE 2 years ago,JDE XE,we are on Update 6,Next year we have a plan to upgrade to ERP8,
Im trying to Interface For Sales Model,the Weight Bridge Indicator with JDE through Serial Port,
if you can help you have 2 options :

1- Interface JDE Directly to Serial Port.
2- Interface JDE with extracted Text file from the serial port.

your quick response is highly appreciated.

Best Regards

You have a lot of choices here:
I understand, that there are some 3rd party software packages available to do it (ie: DSI), or alternatively, you can interface it using either of the two ways you have suggested yourself, which would, of course, require a bit of development work - your own or somebody else's, as necessary...

The method for interfacing a weighting system on a serial port will largerly depend on the platform Xe was installed on.

Could you give us more details about your system's platform and servers?

For simplicity and traceability, you could write a PC application to read the serial port and generate text files which can be placed on a suitable directory to be imported into jde data files for processing.

The import could be triggered a few ways:
1) Schedule a UBE to run every x minutes. This is pretty easy, but might not suit operationally.
2) If the PC is configured as a OneWorld fat client, you could link a couple of OneWorld DLLs into the program that to allow it to directly call a custom BSFN to import the file.
3) You could install the XML interop dll on the PC, configure XML interop on an Enterprise Server and use the XMLCallObject method to invoke a BSFN on the server to import the data.

That's just off the top of my head but without more details its not possible to know the best approach.

JDE \"World\" Application

Hi,

Does anyone have any information pertaining to the JDE World app specifically for Fix-Asset and Inter-company billing functionalities?

Thanks,
VC

Re: JDE \"World\" Application

If you are on support or work for a business partner you can download the
necessary manuals from the Customer Connection website.

Patrick Conlon
Allegheny County
OneWorld XE SP22 U4, AS/400 V5R2

Re: JDE \"World\" Application

I am not on support nor work for a business partner. If you could provide me with the website where I can download the manual, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

Back