Multiple Customer PO Numbers on one sales order?

dschlieder

Well Known Member
All,

We have a situation where on one sales order we would like to have more than one Customer PO on that sales order. The Customer PO would need to be at the detail level and not the order header level.

I know the easy answer is to create 2 sales orders but the issue is that we are selling a "kit" to a customer. Some of those components of that kit may need to go against different Customer PO's.

As an example, in a kit we may supply a service, sell disposable products and charge a fee to rent a piece of equipment.

This is one sales order to the customer but they may have issued a different PO for each of these categories.

I know that the Customer PO number is copied to the detail lines from the header but I don't see a way to override this easily. I tried to add the Customer PO field to the detail revision form of P4210 - however changes to this grid are overridden from the sales order header when the order is accepted.

From what I can see, this is not possible in JDE without modifications to sales order entry, which we are not afraid of doing but...

Is there a way to do this without modifications to JDE that I haven’t stumbled across?

Or has anyone doe this and can point me in the right direction – I’m assuming this would need to be a change to F4211 Edit Line.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,
a couple of alternatives I've used in the past...
1) use a text line (line type T)
2) Overwrite DSC2 of the item
3) Change to update URRF

All have their pros and cons..

Hope this helps.

Warm regards

Peter

Thanks for the ideas Peter.

Not sure what direction we are going to go yet but this gives me some ideas I hadn't thought of.

Happy Holidays!

Dave

Dave,

A lot of the functionality implemented to keep the header PO (F4201,VR01) in sync with the details (F4211,VR01) is in the P4210 itself. You wouldn't be the first one doing this mod, as I have seen it in the past.

Make sure that if you make this change you test the following processes:
1- Copy an order (should the VR01 be copied as well?)
2- Credit from history (should the VR01 be copied as well?)
3- Changing an existing order
4- Changing fields from an order's header
5- Adding lines to an existing order
6- Order templates
7- Kit handling

etc...

You will have to carefully analyst the processes you have in place beyond the Order Entry to make sure that other process are behaving correctly. You can always enter different sales order and manually change VR01 in F4211 to test the remaining processes.

Back