Type Ahead

Bulldog

I am aware that in order to suppress type ahead for an application for a user you have to log in as that user then start the chosen application. You then select the Preferences menu followed by Customise, from there you can take out the Type Ahead option, logout and when you log in again the user should not have type ahead for that application.

My problem is that I have done this and checked that the Hyper Control has been removed by looking at P98950. The user still has type ahead......any ideas? I dont want to delete the typeahead.tae file as this only gets rid of current type ahead stuff stored, and will revert to holding any future inputted values.

No all you need to do is uncheck Type Ahead from the
preference menu. What you were doing is actually
removing the type ahead item from the preference menu.

Below is a way also that you can globally turn type
ahead off. This is especially useful in heavy data
entry areas.

Under the interactive runtime section of the jde.ini
file there is a setting
PWndLocation=154,154,922,691, 327681 which is the
value for type ahead being
turned on. The setting to turn type ahead off is
PWndLocation=154,154,922,691,1376257. The key for it
to be on or off is the
last value, either 327681 (on) or 1376257 (off). You
can set this in the jde.ini file and before you push
out a package you can modify the client ini file with
the
correct number.

Thanks for the info on the JDE.ini settings this will do nicely. I probably didn't explain myself to well on the initial posting, I deliberately wanted to secure out the type ahead function (after first deactivating it) because there have been incidents of users not paying attention when inputting vouchers and as a result of this an £80000 pound voucher was processed instead of £80. Thanks again for your input.

Back