Applying ESU

thejdofva

Hi all,

I have just upgraded my Dev and PY from Xe to 8.10. In the process, deployment server got upgraded to 8.10 and lost the ability to log into Xe.

I just reallized that I have to apply year end ESU to Xe (production). Any ideas how I can accomplish that.

Hope you have good backups. Do you only have one deployment server?

Joy Fernandez, CNC System Administrator

Re: RE: Applying ESU

1. make a new backup of the deployment server so you have the current state captured for a later restore.
2. restore the deployment server from backups that you did before the upgrade.
3. install your 1099 ESU and run the necessary forms.
4. make a new backup "just in case"
5. restore the deployment server back to 8.10 from your last backup.
None of this is much fun but who said being a Hero was always fun.

This is a total hack but it has worked for me on several occasions.

Uncompress the ESU and open the html file that shows what objects are in it. Determine what objects are in the ESU.
Throw those objects in an OMW project and check them out while logged into a DV7333 workstation. Then define and build a DV7333 client update package with these same objects included in it. Then take the \spec \bin32 \include \source folders from the uncompressed ESU folder and copy them over the top of the same folders in the update package folder on the deployment server \B7333\DV7333\package share. Then install the update package to the DV workstation, log into DV7333, and check the project in via OMW. Rebuild the same update package in DV, reploy the package to the workstation and test. Then you can just promote the OMW project from DV to PY to PD as normal.
Like I said. It's a hack.
Hope it helps.

I did the exact same thing. After smacking myself in the head, I did three things:
1. Change your path environment variable to your XE production environment.
2. Put a copy of your old XE jde.ini file in your WINNT directory.
3. Edit the registry for HKLM\SOFTWARE\JDE\OW\INSTALL.INI
Change CURRENT BASE RELEASE from B7 to B9
Change CURRENT RELEASE from B7333 to E810
Change PREVIOUS INSTALL PATH to point to your B7333 folder

Apply your year-end ESU to XE, then change everything back and your're back to 8.10.

Hope this helps.

Back