Uninstall OneWorld Xe from Deployment Server

RLessor

I can not seem to uninstall the OneWorld Xe software from our deployment server using the Add/Remove Program feature as I keep getting an error regarding an instance of SETUP.EXE already being used and must be closed. I have tried everything with no luck other than getting ready to rebuild the server in its entirity. Any help??

Randy K. Lessor
[email protected]

If you have not already tried, press CTRL+ALT+DEL, click Task Manager, click the Processes tab; if there is a setup.exe process running, select it then click End Process. (If that does not work, reboot the server and try again.)

I have tried looking at the processes running and find nothing. I have tried bringing the server up in save mode but I still get the same error message regarding an instance of SETUP.exe must be closed.

I am thinking of blowing away the server and starting over so as to not have any old services or registry items around to caus eproblems later.

Hi,

I agree 100%. Reinstall windows2000 is safer and faster. I don't think JDE wanted Customers to be able to uninstall very easily.

Generally, fat clients and deployment servers should be uninstalled via the setup.exe file located in the root of the installation directory, not via add/remove programs. However, if your intent is to uninstall in order to reinstall, scratch and put back the OS is also just as good of a solution.

Back