Subsytem

FreddyFrancis

FreddyFrancis

Well Known Member
It is a known fact tht we can have multiple ques made on different Types of OS . (Windows, Unix and os400). However subsytems cannot .. can someone tell me the exact reason for the same and the concept for th same.

Thanks in advance
Freddy Francis

Oneworld Xe SP22 AS400.
EO 8.9 SP2 Win2k-Oracle 9.2.0.3

Freddy,

Are you talking about OS/400 subsystems? If not, what types of queues/subsystems do you mean.

Regards,
Danny.

FreddyFrancis <[email protected]> wrote:
It is a known fact tht we can have multiple ques made on different Types of OS . (Windows, Unix and os400). However subsytems cannot .. can someone tell me the exact reason for the same and the concept for th same.

Thanks in advance
Freddy Francis

Oneworld Xe SP22 AS400.
EO 8.9 SP2 Win2k-Oracle 9.2.0.3
XE SP22 V5R3M0

Hi all,

I meant OS/400 subsystems and queues.

What i wanted to know was it was possible to create queues in others types of OS too. Jde also works well with these queues.

However u cannot create subsytems on other OS. What is the alternative to it in other OS..?

Freddy

It's not really a subsystem in the same sense that it is on the 400. However, you can still fire up subsystem jobs and run them as native processes on the platform of your choice. PeopleSoft should support subsystem jobs running on Windows and your supported UNIX platforms. We do this today on our HP-UX servers.

Back