SUBSYSTEM HUNG

tpruessner

All of our jobs going through the subsystem process are currently in a waiting state.

This morning the network and queue services were bounced and the subsystem job was not stopped first. I now know this is a problem. What I don't know is how to fix it.

When I try to End the subsystem it does not respond. The actual job shows it ended in error however it still shows up under subsystem.

How do I get rid of the one that is currently out there?

There are no entries in the F986113 table.

We are on Enterprise 1, SQL Server, Windows 2003.

Any help will be very much appreciated as our users are not able to process jobs through.

I was able to start a new subsytem job and the user requests are now running through.

However the old subsystem job still appears under the subsytem job window. Is there any way for me to get rid of that entry so it does not confuse us into thinking that there is a subsystem process running when in fact it ended in error when the services were bounced?

You will need to delete the old record from the server map f986113 table. Something like "delete from svm9.f986113 where SSJOBNBR='whatever'; could work.

Thank you very much - I was looking at the wrong f986113. Once I started looking at the server map everything showed up and I was able to delete the record.

Back