Load Balance Batch Servers

NickA

I'm looking into designing a solution to Load Balance 3 batch servers. My environment is EnterpriseOne 8.93 WinTel SQL Server. I'm doing some research with Content Switching, and third party Scheduling Software (Tidal). I was wandering if anyone has some experience in this. If I go with the CSS solution, there's going too be some issues with single threaded jobs. I will also have to do some trigers and replication of the printqueue as well? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have one solution to this on my website - a document entitled "Load Balancing Application Servers" - but I just purchased off ebay a Cisco Content Services Switch which I am planning on testing over the coming months with Linux.

We have a farm of 4 load balanced servers running OWXE. The balancing is performed by Round Robin DNS. Works well for us, with each server managing its own printqueue.

We are looking at doing the same thing with a Cisco CSS device. We don't have it in yet, but I am looking forward to it.

Off subject - I just got back from the IBM offices in Poughkeepsie. We participated in a hands-on workshop installing SuSE Linux on zSeries. Talk about "wow". Too bad PeopleSoft is only supporting Linux on Intel at present. Linux on the mainframe is more than just about potential - it is smoking fast.

Linux on Intel is "smoking fast" as well

Try FreeBSD on an AMD Opteron 64 - talk about wow. Thats mainframe flops right there !

The difference is, of course, that the hardware costs are substantially lower - AMD's opterons are certainly PowerPC speed's - and when the dual core technology arrives (which is what seperates the powerpcs versus the current technology right now) - then we're in for a heck of a ride !!!

Open source rules. Its like someone removed the speed signs.

I heard that IBM's linux benchmarks for Peoplesoft Enterprise One might be released soon.....

IBM is going to tell you that the hardware costs (and price advantage) drop off substantially as you increase the number of virtual Linux servers on zSeries. It isn't for everyone, but for those companies that do have an existing investment in zSeries should take a close look.

Hi,

Could someone who has implemented load balancing batch servers using content switching share some documentation on how its done in E1. We have managed to do the configurations successfully for the logic server and F5

The issue with batch servers is when we submit any UBE to the virtual name, it goes no where. We have setup the data sources, OCM and job queues.

Also, how do i change the print queue location of the batch servers to a share drive. Is it an ini change ?

Thanks,
Joel

I got the printqueue part of it, in the JDE.ini under the network queue settings there is a section called output directory where you can give a share name

Back