Creating Seperate Environment

hoganp

I would like some help from the experts out there on the best way to create a seperate environment.
I will layout what I need to accomplish:

1) When I mean seperate I mean seperate I do not wish to share anything from our current environments just like a new pristine installation.

2) we are currently on an AS400 as our Enterprise Server using XE with coexistance.

3) This new environment will be totally on a wintel box using sql server as the database on a new enterprise server.

4) We need to do this for two reasons a) to move from an AS400 enterprise server to an sql server b) to be able after the first of the year to load 8.9,8.10, or whatever and start working on migration.

5) I could do a totally new installation on a new deployment server and a new enterprise server but then I have licensing conflicts with the current installation and I do not want to have a new deployment server at this point.
When I load the 8.? it will be on a newdeployment server but that is later.

So any suggestions would be helpful understanding that I wish to use the current deployment server and a new seperate enterprise server and ABSOLUTELY not use any existing data not DD, not common objects or anything else.

Thanks for everyones input in advance.

The best and cleanest way is to create a new installation plan and set up the new Enterprise Server and add the new pathcode and environment. When you run the workbench, most of the work will be done for you (OCM, Datasources, etc.) and you will just need to do some clean up.

Hope this helps.

I just did something like this. I created a custom path code and environment by copying Pristine. Here is a document that may help...

Attachments

• 82793-Creating a Custom Path Code and Environment.pdf
    358.4 KB · Views: 238
Back