Migrate from DB2 UDB to Oracle database

peterfourie

Hi All,

We are currently looking at moving our database from DB2 UDB on Windows to
Oracle.

Anyone have any documentation on what needs to be done within JDE tp change
the pointers? Is it as simple as changing the database data sources?

Any help or documentation would be greatly appreciated

Pete

EnterpriseOne XE Update 6 SP 19
DB2 UDB on Windows

Peter J Fourie

Pretty much.

What needs to be done is you need to do the following :

1. Create new datasources in OneWorld to mirror the current DB2 ones
2. Create a table conversion in oneworld for each datasource. This is actually easy if you use the CPYSCRIPT.DAT script format - you can use a number of workstations to copy all the data between the datasources to increase throughput
3. change each of your existing oneworld datasources to the new Oracle datasource - don't forget to also do this on the servermap

Thats it ! It'll take a couple of days to set up - and the copy might take a while on some of the larger tables - but it is a relatively easy thing to do....

Hi Peter,
I suggest you look for help from an experimented CNC consultant, familiar with migrations from one platform to another.
You may shaddow her/him all way through the process, and complete the documentation set - install / administration manuals, and check-up sheets.
Personally I found DB2 running at its best on AS400, and, similarily, Oracle on UNIX.
Warm regards,

Jon,
You mentioned using the "cpyscript.dat" format. Is that something that is available from Peoplesoft? I have searched their website and the list and could not find any more specifics. I have also searched our deployment server folders and found nothing.

Hello Mark and All

I finally wrote this document up (which I must admit, I had been planning on doing for years, and this subject really pushed for me to get this completed).

I uploaded this onto my website - which will need registration to be able to see the document. The document is entitled "Using CPYSCRIPT to Create Table Conversions"

Hope this helps everyone. This is an alternative to using the R98 programs to copy data around, and is designed to help customers perform a complete conversion from one platform to another.

I'd also be interested in why you are moving from UDB to Oracle - I know that Oracle is a more scalable database - but is this the only reason ?

Back