Canada Payroll Yearend T4 (XML)

Norman Chang

I am currently reviewing the payroll yearend requirement and have a concern. According to the Peoplesoft website, XPI becomes a requirement to generate T4. I believe this is due to the new XML requirement from CRA. However, it doesn’t make sense for all the JDE payroll clients to purchase a new tool just to deal with T4. I would like to verfiy this requirement. Please help.

XPI is free now. Just log an issue with Customer Care and say that you need XPI Foundation for Canadian Year End. You'll get a package in the mail in a few days.

Good luck.
Ralph.

I am currently reviewing the payroll yearend requirement and have a concern. According to the Peoplesoft website, XPI becomes a requirement to generate T4. I believe this is due to the new XML requirement from CRA. However, it doesn’t make sense for all the JDE payroll clients to purchase a new tool just to deal with T4. I would like to verfiy this requirement. Please help.

Thanks for giving me a clue as to why XPI is required now - I saw that also on the list of required software, and was scratching my head - I had opened a call with JDE asking why, but haven't heard back yet.

If we have to proceed with XPI installation, it creates a new problem for me, as it requires SP22J1 or something like that, which we're not on yet in production. Can anyone suggest if we can get away with using XPI on our old SP20?

I was originally sent XPI Foundation for our RS6000 server. Then I spoke with another support person who told me that it would be much simpler to just install XPI Foundation 8.92 onto my desktop. So logged another suport call and requested XPI Foundation for Windows. I got the CD and installed it to my workstation. There is a "XPI Installation Checklist for Canadian Year End" posted on the website somewhere. That is very useful. When you install XPI you will need to input some install keys.
1. Log a Support Call requesting XPI Foundation 8.92 for Windows (CDs will be shipped)
2. You should log a support call requesting "XPI Keys for Canadian Payroll"
3. Get a copy of the Installation Checklist.
4. Install Java Runtime
5. Install XPI Foundation - Use the keys support provided.
6. Follow the checklist to format a few things on your workstation and startup the Integration Server on your desktop.
7. Download SAR 7055670 & 7303688. There is documentation with these. They contain packages that need to be imported into the integration server on your desktop. The second SAR contains the specific code to convert the T4 text file that the JDE app will provide to XML format.
8.You will need to install ESU JD22481 to JDE (Xe version).

Basically, you will use JDE to create the T4 text file, and then use the integration server on your desktop to convert that text file to XML format.

Attachments

• 82856-CANADIAN XML Cheat Sheet.DOC
    26.5 KB · Views: 124
Thanks for the info. coincidentally, I essentially got the same info from PSFT yesterday, including the useful document that you mentioned.

I learned a few things:

1.the XPI software can be installed on any client, not necessarily on an enterprise/batch server - the XPI integration server is not required

no Service Pack pre-requisites

XPI 8.92 can be downloaded from the knowledge garden

With this information it looks pretty straightforward now.

Has anyone tried the XML conversion yet for the Canadian T4 flat file for JDE OneWorld Xe? We tried the conversion yesterday. The T4A flat file converted perfectly to XML but the T4 flat file will not converte to XML. No error messages are displayed when I run the package in XPI. I click the button to convert the T4 file to XML and it displays the correct number of employees and the location of the XML file, with no errors. I look at the XML file and only the header record has been created, no details or summary record exist. Has anyone tried this yet, and what were the results?

sorry, haven't tried this yet. Still working on the XPI install (and our payroll folks aren't up to the xml testing phase yet)

NOTE: I just noticed today that the Year End ESU was superceeded by ESU JD22804. There are 15 new SARs added to this update and who knows how many other updates to the existing SARs. This new Year End ESU just came out on December 9th, 2004. NICE... we had already finished testing and now we have to re-test everything. Perhaps it will fix our XML conversion problem... ??

Thanks for the info on the YE ESU update... I've just installed XPI and ran our test T4 flat file through and I did get details in the XML file. Does anyone know how to go about validating the XML file as CRA suggests?

yes, thanks for the superceded ESU info.

as for testing, my payroll person forwarded a number of XML schemas (.xsd files) that apparently can be used for testing. Once we have output (tick tock, payroll people!) I can use a program like XMLspy (I hope) to verify

Our XML conversion problem was due to one employee record with a negative value being included in the flat file. ESU JD22804 has a SAR in it to correct this from happening. We applied JD22804 and then five new records were not being converted to XML. We discovered that it was because we had a DBA code set up for Personal Use of Vehicle that was blank for these five people causing Box 34 on the T4 to be blank for these people. This caused these records to fail in the XML conversion. When a record fails in the conversion, no error is displayed in the XPI package. It shows how many employees were processed and the location of the XML file (which will only contain the header record). We have 468 employees. The conversion said 20 employees were processed, therefore we knew that row number 22 in the flat file was a problem (two header rows). JDE support confirmed that our problem was indeed a bug in the flat file creation. This was their suggested work around for us:

Kathy,

This is a bug which will have to be corrected. In the meantime, in order
for you to complete the conversion, you should be able to, on the OneWorld
side, go into the workfile and remove the 5 rows that have Box 34 set to
0.00. Once they are removed, you can produce the flat file again and then
should be able to process the xml file from that new flat file. If you
need assistance in completing this, please let me know and we can walk you
thru the steps.

Thanks,
Terry

NOTE: Forgot to mention that the superceeded ESU JD22804 includes the SAR to correct the Max Pensionable Earnings amount for 2004 (changed from 39,900 to 40,500). Therefore everyone will probably have to apply JD22804 if you want the T4 to work properly with the new Max Pensionable Earnings.

Back