Help

Ross_Highet

Hi all

I need to recover some spec files from an export on an oracle database. Basically what I would like the DBA to do is to restore DV Central Objects from the tape into an environment that we don't use so that I can advanced get the restored specs and put them back into Development.
The DBA is asking me what files they need to restore from the Oracle export. Does anyone have any idea? I'm not that clued up on how Central Objects sits on an Oracle Database and what are the files that need to be restored so that I can accomplish the above.

Thanks in advance
Ross

Ross,

It might be easier to find an old Full Package Build - on a deployment
server or other development machine, than to pull the teeth of the
Oracle DBA (Hey - we all might be oracles, someday)....

If you can find the spec file elsewhere, rename your local one, copy
the one with the specs and open the specs... when done, ... save the
specs, replace/rename to original specs.

It can work...

(db)
--

Hi,

If you have TAMMenus=Show in you're JDE.ini you will be able to open "remote RDB" in UTB. When you do this you will see the corresponding tables for the specs.

Ian

Ross,

I recently had a similiar problem. I believe that you need to restore from your backup tape into the TAM files. These are located on my local client at C:\B7\DV7333\SPEC for development. You might want to rename the original files before restoring from tape.

One other thing. Do they have to be restored from backup tape. Or, could you get them from another environment? Then, you would just need to copy the files. You may not need all the TAM files. Different TAM files do different things. Some contain UBE text, some contain event rules, etc. This is documented somewhere.

I was very concerned that this could not be done. However I kept copying files until
the problem was fixed. Not very scientific. But, so far, it has worked.

Good Luck,
Danny McMillian

Ross_Highet <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi all

I need to recover some spec files from an export on an oracle database. Basically what I would like the DBA to do is to restore DV Central Objects from the tape into an environment that we don't use so that I can advanced get the restored specs and put them back into Development.
The DBA is asking me what files they need to restore from the Oracle export. Does anyone have any idea? I'm not that clued up on how Central Objects sits on an Oracle Database and what are the files that need to be restored so that I can accomplish the above.

Thanks in advance
Ross

Hi Ross,

Have your DBA restore the DV7333 (or whatever version your are using) schema. You might as well do all of the tables, and not worry about cherry picking.

Be careful of your database owners, as they will have to be updated in your destination environment datasources to reflect the DV7333 owner.

You should then be able to do a checkout, advanced get and check-in to refresh your Central Objects correctly.

Back