F98OWSEC

mstaessen

I have applied the security ESU (JD21799) in DV/PY/TS about two weeks ago (running fine) and then moved it into procudtion on Thursday evening. (running fine on Friday / Weekend / Monday / Tuesday.) then yesterday all the security entiries in F98OWSEC somehow for corrupted (Not one user was able to log in as it wasn't accepting passwords). I started resetting all the accounts and then today it happened again.. Security log on server comes up with the following: "B9801000 User Salsa Succeeded" We have no Salsa user within JDE.
PLEASE HELP

Thanks

Do you have two copies of F98OWSEC file for DV and PROD? If so is your OCM mapping set up correctly? Maybe users are accessing an older file...just a guess

No, i only have one F98OWSEC table and all users for all environments are pointing to the same one

Hi,

JD21799 seems to have some Special Instructions abt the Security file and some mappings to be done. Some problems with the Password might occur too.
They also recommend SP22_P1 and above. And yours seems to be SP22_Q1 - so this is OK ... DLK.

With regards to my previous call (JDE Log Issue number: 3705051)

We have managed to isolate the cause of the corrpution of the F98OWSEC table. when doing a global update of disabling / enabling the jde accounts in Revise all users form seems to corrupt the table. Another bug we found was that when editing the Password Change frequency for a single user it does not Save (No Upate to the table)

Mark,

We had that exact "no update" problem.

This is our experience. We were/are testing SP23_A1, and part of this was/is the security ESU. I had applied the ESU to a fat client, but had not applied SP23 (we are currnetly in SP22_C1) and the F98OWSEC (we have a separate F98OWSEC for testing) would not update. However when I applied SP23_A1 all work well.

I hope this has provided some insights.

Back