SP17 to SP23 Esu's

Barry_O

SP17 to SP23 Esu\'s

Hi,

we are upgrading our XE U3 from SP17 to 23 soon. I remember around SP20 there were pre-requisite ESU's to make R09801 work. I think they were JD15464, JD17154 and JD16987.

Do I still need to apply them or does SP23 not break R09801.We have not applied many ESU, so it can't be assumed that we got the fix in a recent baseline esu.

PS Support response was that it was our choice if we applied it or not - but I'd prefer something a bit more concrete

thanks

Barry

Re: SP17 to SP23 Esu\'s

Barry,

Can't give you a definite SP23 answer but we had to apply the ESUs for SP22 (we also came from SP17)

Ian

Thanks Ian,

I always thought we'd have to - but there is no document saying we should, and psft can't tell me either, which i think is dodgy

Barry

Doesn't that new Download Manager figure out dependencies?

I assume you're referring to the Download manager when you download SPs etc. If it does then I can't work out how.

What I really need, and PSFT won't provide, is a list of release notes, or at least Special Requirements of every SP between 17 and 23.

PSFT agreed that i need to apply the 3 ESU to get r09801 going - but couldn't tell me if there was anything else that might break.

I recommended to PSFT that this info should be available, and the girl on the phone agreed. Will wait and see

RE: SP17 to SP23 Esu\'s

You definitely need them. In addition to the new password encryption
ESUs you will need the following to ensure your financial modules do not
break.

Here are the documents specifically related to financial posting issues
when moving beyond SP17. In addition to these you will also be required
to install the password encryption ESU.
OFN-02-0117 outlines an issue related to subledger transactions. It is
resolved with SAR 6343258 which is in ESU JD22535. While this is a
fairly focused ESU, it does have a dependency on JD18810, which is a
'high impact' Procurement Baseline ESU.

OFN-02-0117 also points you to another document that discusses memory
leak issues with SP19 and higher. All of the Xe SARs listed (except for
the first 2 which are specific to the Sun platform) are also corrected
in ESU JD22535.

Brent Marxhausen
Independent CNC
EMail: [email protected]

Re: RE: SP17 to SP23 Esu\'s

Thanks Brent!!

This is the sort of info i've breen after - it's been very hard trying to get this info from PSFT.

Barry

Back