Disaster Recovery

sselman

Well Known Member
My company current has all of the Eone system in one rack physically located in a central branch of the company. A T1 VPN connects all locations for connectivity using Citrix. Since the company is starting to get large in size, the upper management is considering having a disaster recovery system located in one of the other branches. This brings up a couple interesting problems that make me wonder what other people are doing.

1. Data backup? I assume you could fedex a tape to the backup location each week.
2. Deployment server? How do you keep the code in sync? What about package builds?
3. Utilize a hosting service?

Since you are using SQL you could use the native replication and let it run
out of hours, or if the business needs it scheduled during the day. For the
deployment server, depending on the regularity of mods and package builds,
should remain relatively static. You could use your fedex tape option for
this, or set it up a secondary deployment server within EO and deploy your
full/update packages to this also.
These are the low budget options, i am sure that you could use something like
DoubleTake to produce a more 'enterprise' solution.
It all boils down to one question: What downtime will the business tolerate?
Regards
Kieran Fitzgerald

Your question could provide many different scenarios for Disaster Recovery. I would suggest that you look at all options to find the best solution for your company's need. I would also suggest that you look into virtualization especially VMWARE. I plan to virtualize the Deployment server that will at least provide an extremely easy DR method to recover this very important server. As with anything including VMWARE your backup and recovery methods must be sound. I also had noted that someone on another post had already successfully VM'd the deployment server.

Re: RE: Disaster Recovery

We are doing the DR using VM for Deployment Server and Citrix server. Seems functioning well. More test will be done soon.

James Fu
CNC and Application Development
ERP 8.0
V4R5 & V5R1
Citrix
A73CUM12
:grin:

Back