Hard Disk requirement for 8.9 /8.10 workstations

ice_cube210

VIP Member
Hi All,

Any users out there who are on 8.9 or 8.10 ,could you tell me how much space is required to install a 8.9/8.10 client

Now the PeopleSoft MTR mentions 8 GB for an installation , which seems really absurd to me. I have installed 8.9 clients (with development objects) and it takes round 3-3.5 GB space.

Just wanted to know what kind of space usage other users have seen

Thanks in Advance

We are currently on a new install of 8.9. We are LIVE 4 months with very little development. Our full packages are about 3.1GB including development objects.

Hopes that helps.
Nyasha

Hi Nyasha,

Thanks for your response. When you say 3.1 GB , you mean the size of the entire B9 folder on the client right ?

U r welcome.....
Actually, I was refering to 3.1 per pathcode in the B9 directory.
If I installed DV9, PY9 and PD9 with dev objects per pathcode,
my B9 directory will be around 9.3GB- 9.7GB.

Hi Nyasha,

Thanks for your response. When you say 3.1 GB , you mean the size of the entire B9 folder on the client right ?
EnterpriseOne 8.9 SP2_R1, Win2k, Oracle 9.2.0.3 , JAS - WAS 4.0.6 ERP 8 SP22 , Update 1 , SQL 2000 , WIn2k Adv OneWorld Xe SP20/SP22(MF) , AS/400 V5R1, JAS SP20

3.1GB is about right. However if you are running 3 environments then you are up to 9GB. Most users should just be running PD9. I would suggest that you look at web or Citrix for many of your users. It will make thinks much easier.

Thanks for your respomses,

I belive the correct size would be arround 3.1 GB for a B9 install with one pathcode. Apparently the 8GB mentioned on the site is a mistake or rather in the wrong section

Back