Transaction Processing in Report

Chapulin

I'm trying to use the "Begin Transaction" System Function in JDE One World and I need to define de "TranscationID" parameter. Which value should I pass to the System Function? I don't know how can I get that "transactioID". It sounds like something that is defined in the DB and not in the report. Any help?! Thanks!!

Hi Julian,

First of all, welcome aboard.

TransactionID is an output parameter for BeginTransaction and input parameter for Commit and Rollback.

Simple define a variable e.g. based on MATH10 data item: mnTransactionID and pass itt to all transaction related system function call:

Begin Transaction(VA rpt_mnTransactionID_MATH10)
Commit Transaction(VA rpt_mnTransactionID_MATH10)
Rollback Transaction(VA rpt_mnTransactionID_MATH10)

Hope, this helps.

Regards,

Zoltán

Thanks a lot!! While waiting for an answer I found some information about System Functions in the One Wold's Help Topics and I read there that the Transactio ID is an Output Parameter! Sorry I didn't check that before. My question was not asked the smart way :)

I finally made Transaction Processing work!! But I am confused about something. It worked even if the LOCK MANAGER section of the "jde.ini" in the Citrix Server is disabled... and I am running it in Local mode!! any ideas? I thought I had to be configured in both server and client. Thanks!!

Back