migrating payroll from World to OneWorld

fortylove

List, we are in the process of migrating our World Payroll to OneWorld payroll. We are currently a coexistence customer. The only documentation we have been able to find is from the AS/400 install guide starting on page 7-45 dated Sept 18, 2000. Can anybody let me know where/how we can get current documentation?

Thanks in advance,

OS/400 V5R2, "XE", XU7, SP22_i1, World A7.3 cum. 11. Vertex 2.5.4

fortylove

Hi

We are taking the same journey. There is not a lot of documentation; we only found a appendix which cites which programs to run to convert HR and Payroll. The key to the conversion is converting the payroll history. There are a sequence of UBEs that convert records (e.g. the F0605 to the F0705, the F0619 to the F0719 - that is the crucial one), but there is not 1 "document" that provides a step by step process, or the tips and tricks. An example of one of the World to OneWorld conversion "gotchas" is that, if you do not have next number entries for the F0709 and F0719 in the F00022 - Unique Key File (via the P00022 interactive job), the UBE that populates the F0719 (the R890619) will fail. Of course we did not know this until stubbing our toe, then going back and forth with PeopleSoft support.

I am away from my office, and do not have the document in my possession. I will update this thread with that information tomorrow.

An update to yesterday's post...

Ironically, the best guide of the conversion process for A7.3 is in an A8.1 guide...the guide that I was sent to by PeopleSoft support was the "Direct Migration from PeopleSoft World A8.1 to EnterpriseOne Xe" manual. Pages 62-63 has a list of the conversion programs to run to convert HR data. We have run these conversion programs in our test library and have been able to process payroll and view history...

We did this very thing last year, with only minor problems.

Copy AS400 PD to CRP.
We converted the CRP and then used the R98403 in OW to copy all of the records over to our new SQL 2k Enterprise server. There are about handful of UBEs you have to run on OW to finish the conversion.

We wrote custom VB applications to convert the F0619 and the F0624. These files were taking days to convert (totaling about 13 million records combined), a custom VB application brought it down to about 4 hours.

This would be slightly different if you did the conversion in place, but same theory.

You'll also be converting your AR if/ you migrate it. Payroll was much easier than payroll side, no custom work involved.

The documents on the KG do a pretty good job of spelling out step by step instructions for migrating.

Side Note:
Our biggest issue was the DB2 to SQL conversion. DB2 is case sensitive, SQL isn't. We had lots of issues in the F0911/F0901 where custom EDI apps where feeding in Subledgers of job1 vs Job1 vs JOB1. AS400 saw these as 3 seperate totals in the F0901, SQL kicked out primary key viloations galore. We had to fix and then reclose 10 years of data, not fun.

Best of luck.
Brad

Back