Xe vs. 8.10

rreese2000

Folks, Is there a net change guide for Xe to 8.10??? Peoplesoft has done a terrible job at providing and 8.10 documentation. It appears they changed covers on the 8.9 documentation?? I have a request from CIO to show changes especially from a CNC stand point between the two...

Thanks

Hi,

I would need the same information. Can someone give us the technical difference between XE/ERP8.0 and 8.10? I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

When we signed our upgrade agreement with PS to move from Xe to EO 8.10, we
purchased what they call "Boot Camps" for Financial Management and Human
Capital Management. What these boot camps gave us was a hard copy of the
Enhancements and New Functionality. They said hard copy was the only form
it was in.

They also told us the material is confidential and no part of it may be
reproduced, stored, in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by
any means........So with that said, following are the documents you need to
ask PeopleSoft for. Good Luck......You'll need it.

Financial Management Enhancements and New Functionality (Sept. 2004)
#HND-2869-810-ENG EnterpriseOne Xe to 8.10

Human Capital Management Enhancements and New Functionality (Sept. 2004)
#HND-2870-810-ENG EnterpriseOne Xe to 8.10

Joy Fernandez, CNC System Administrator

<mailto:[email protected]> [email protected]

Re: RE: Xe vs. 8.10

While I can understand that PeopleSoft considers its net change documentation to be valuable, I really think it is going way too far to require clients to shell out thousands for net change training just to get the documentation. Clients pay millions to get their ERP system running, and six figures every year for maintenance. Why should they have to pay more just for net change documentation. Really!

JDEtiPS has published 6 net change articles on 8.9/8.10 and I suspect our material is better than PeopleSoft's. Two of those articles are available at no charge by requesting a sample JDEtiPS Journal at www.JDEtiPS.com/RequestFreeCopy.asp.

A very good summary of net change CNC information for clients going from Xe to 8.10 is available to clients willing to fill out a brief survey at www.JDEtips.com/UpgradeSurvey.htm.

Andy Klee
www.JDEtiPS.com/HelpDesk.asp

Back