Exporting to EXCEL

harikrishna_tm

Can anyone tell me how to export data from One world table to Excel. I want all the data into the Excel sheet.

hello Hari,

for this you need to use the Table conversion facility where input table is
your file which is
to be copied and the output is the excel sheet which should be created
beforehand...

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Nishant Rewri

I have used a piece of freeware called instanet which will browse your table and output all columns to Excel. Also allows you to limit the row output. Failing this we mostly use Crystal Reports running over OW outputing to Excel. This gives the most control.

I am not able to find it over net. Can U tell me where I can download or the exact name of the software.

Using the ODBC drivers provided with OW, you can extract data from the tables directly into Excel, Access, etc...

Assuming you have been given security to do so.

We use ODBC's extensively to create self updating Excel Pivottable reports for our executives. However there are two things you want to do.

1) Have your database administrator create a database readonly userid with just the tables you wish others to see. You will use this userid when accessing the ODBCs.

2)Microsoft Query is used to build the dataset for export into Excel. Make sure the no data update switch in Query is set properly to avoid surprise database changes. If step 1 is done then this is redundant.

Also, there are the ODAs which follow JDE security. I have found them less useful than using the ODBCs.

Just another one of many possible solutions..

You could use ERW to get Table data to Excel as well. I have used this method 5-10 times and it works well. Keep in mind that Excel can only accept something like 65,000 records so this may force you to consider using access.

See "Understanding Database Output" in JDE documentation under "Enterprise Report Writer." You can use database output to update the database in conjunction with your report generation. You can attach a database output specification to any report section with a business view, but not a report or page header or footer.

You can use database output to output data to OneWorld tables or to text files. Text files can be specified as either comma delimited or fixed length text records. The comma delimited format is useful for transferring data to spreadsheets.

The steps I would take are:
1) Find or make business view over desired table
2) Goto ERW, create new group section type report
3) From group report section in Report Design, goto the Section menu, then choose Database Output.
4) Complete the following fields to define a list of output tables or files (targets):
Operation,
Type = comma delimited ,
Name = c:\test.csv
5) Proceed to "Mappings", On Mappings, for each target, specify which of the available section columns or variables should be assigned (mapped) to which column in the target. Double-click on a Source Section or a Source Object cell to display a list of options.
You can also turn data dictionary overrides on and off here. On Mappings, click Map Same if you wish to map all columns.

Mike I have been playing around with importing to excel with Oneworld ODA
with mixed results; works ok in PY but fails in PD using the sane BSVW.
Have an open case with Psft for over 2 months and they can't help. Is there
a document that explains how to setup and use ODBC to access data for
import. I agree ODA is flakey!!

Re: RE: Exporting to EXCEL

If you have an XE Windows Client, the ODBC's are already installed on your machine. To access, go to Excel, Data, Import external data, new database query and look in the database tab. You will see a bunch of datasources related to JDE. Two things now have to happen. 1) You know which datasource to use and 2) You have a database login/password, this should be read-only to avoid accidental changes to the database.
Once you get past the database login, a list of tables will appear. Select the table(s), follow the wizard prompts and if it is <64,000 records, it should load into Excel.

Back