Connecting to JD Edwards

m_smith_654

Hello Everyone! I'm new to the realm of JD Edwards, and was wondering if you could help me with two questions:
1) What databases can JD Edwards run on
2) Is it possible to connect directly to the underlying data structures of JD Edwards via OLE DB connections to source data (directly from the database not through the GUI). Does JDE come with a supported OLE DB Provider?

I know many systems will allow you to connect to the underlying data store, however once connected it is impossible to query the underlying tables as they are either partially encrypted or are very cryptic and difficult to query.

Thanks

Hi,

For your question regarding the databases supported. they are

Oracle (Windows & Unix based platforms)
SQL Server
DB2 UDB (iSeries , Windows, Unix based)

You can go through the detailed MTR from the PeopleSoft site for more details. If you do not have access to this let me know ,I can e-mail it to you

Ok now for your second question. are you asking whether you can access the JDE database directly and query on it. Hell yeah.. you can query , update do what ever you want as long you have the required login access.

You will need to take care of dates and amount fields...as JDE stores them as Julian dates..and also amounts dispalyed in the database would not be the same as those diplayed on the JDE screen. You will have to see the display decimal property of the amount DD items

In Xe and earlier releases JDE used ODBC for connecting to the databases but 8.9 onwards OLEDB is also supported

Back