funny characters on report output

Shazza

Has anyone seen this before?
On my report output the last column- Total Cost (which is the total of all the previous columns) does not display correctly.
I even tried to delete the varaiable, and add it back in again, but it still doesnt work. any ideas?
please see attachment

Attachments

• 82078-character.JPG
    82078-character.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 262
Since it is in the last column, is it possible the result is too big for the number of positions available? Try move the output column a few positions to the left.

Tried that too. I moved the column to the middle of the report and expanded the column, and increased the number of decimal places, but the same thing happens.

Hello,

Where=20is=20the=20attachment?=20=20I=20presume=20that=20you=20are=20devel oping=20the=20report=20in
ERW=20(Without=20seeing=20the=20attachment)=20as=20you
are=20working=20with=20OneWorld.

Regards
Matt

Hi

Change your assigment to only one column.
Total = Column1
Test
Change Total = Column1 + Column2
Test

It seems that your data is corrupt in one column.

Regards
Luis Felipe

It may worth checking your printer driver too. You may want to try a Postscript compatible driver/printer and see if the problem is still there.

This looks like an uninitialised variable. Check your calculation for the column. If the result is null, then you will get garbage in your column.

Initialise the variable to zero before doing any calculations, or ensure that you are not trying to do a calculation using a null value.

Regards,
Wentzel.

Hi Shazza,

I assume, this report a custom one, isn't it?

Just some question:

Q1.) How does your Total cost calculated / derived?
Q2.) Did you try to calculate Total Cost manually on some row to check, what do the value should be?
Q3.) Did you debugged the UBE to check all the values, which the Total Cost calculated from?
Q4.) Did you checked your jde.log or jdedebug.log? If yes, did you find anything strange there?

Hope, your answers will help the List to solve your problem.

Good luck and keep us posted,

Zoltán

Breaking the thread for JUST a moment here,
I'd like to thank Zoltan for this post, which appears to be #2000!
I'd also like to thank him for each of the 1999 that preceded it.

Back