Printing on E1

Badman

Setup default printer in EnterpriseOne 8.9 on P98616.
Print Server Name has underscore. Use IP address instead as Print Server Name.
Create the correct Print Shared Name.
After submit UBE to server, go to "Work With Server Job" to view the UBE.
Highlight the record and click Print.
Click OK on the Printer Selection screen for the default printer.
Output would not come out on the specific default printer.
But output can be printed when using "View PDF".

Please help.
Thanks.

need more info... server platform?
printer output language? PS/PCL?
if you run save PDL (which makes a .ps or .pcl file in your dir)
and then do a
copy file.ps \\prtsvr\sharename
does it print?

Assuming NT Enterprise server, can you log into the server as the same user the EOne services are running as and to the same copy command?

If not, your id the services are running as don't have permission to access the printer share - often because EOne services are mistakenly set up as a local user account, and so can't access any printers in the domain. When you print from Reader locally, you are probably using a domain user id, so it works.

Just a thought. Good luck.

hi segfault,
i get what u mean. the EO service is running on Local "JDE" user account.
my question is does the EO service must be started by a "JDE" user account (whether it is Local or Domain)...

thanks.

I usual prefer to have a domain NT account (with arbitrary username) that the services run under, than way the printer shares on domain print servers always work.

It is not required to have the service's user name be JDE. I have often run them under my own id when debugging weird stuff, as some processes on the server will then interact with the desktop. (ie, you can run jdenet_n on the command line under your own id when services are down to bring up services!). Kinda fun to play with.

Back