How to hide Menus in JDE

animesh

please let me know how to hide a menu in JDE for a particular user.Can it be done from Security Workbench?if yes,how? or, is there any other way to do this?

what i really want to mean is that as an administrator how can i hide a particular menu(say GH902)for a particular user so that the user will not have access to that menu.

Solution Explorer/Task View Explorer uses Role Based access to Menus configured with "Fine Cut". This is out of the Book and is really easy to use. You would not use Security Workbench to do something this simple. However, there is a section of SW for Solution Explorer... There are quite a few White Papers out there. I shall attach one.

Do you want to expand on the question? Are you using an old version of oneWorld that is pre-Solution Explorer? Do you mean you wish to do this for just ONE named user than a Role? Hmmmm. Interesting. Sounds like a Role with only one User in it?

Attachments

• 81868-Working with Secured and Role Based Task Views.pdf
    86.6 KB · Views: 261
Hi=20Mark,

Would=20you=20mind=20sending=20me=20the=20white=20paper?=20=20I=20am=20usi ng=20Oneworld=20XE=20and=20work
with=20the=20security=20workbench,=20this=20could=20be=20usful=20in=20the=20 future.

Thanks,
Matt

If you are not using Solution Explorer, just disable access to the items under the menu (Application security) and you will not see them on the menu.

Back