Parent Suppliers

Fernando Nieto

Hi¡¡
We have a problem with supplier's vouchers. We would need a similar structure like parent/child with customers. We enter receipts from supplier A, but we want that the voucher goes to supplier B (the voucher and the payment). The funtionality we need is something similar to parent/child structure in customers. Do you know how I can manage to have it?
Thank in advance¡¡¡

Hi Fernando

This is currently possible, but I am not sure that you can control it automatically.

If for example you have a parent supplier of 12345 and a child supplier 12346, it is possible to enter the purchase order and receipt it under 12346. Then when you enter the voucher, you enter it under supplier 12345. Of course when you go to the "Receipts to Match" screen, the receipt does not appear. Simply remove the address book number of 12346 and do the find again. Select the receipts and bring them back to the voucher match screen. This will cause them to be vouchered and paid under the parent 12345.

If you need to be sure that nothing gets vouchered to the child 12346, then set the hold payment flag to Y on the supplier master. You will still be able to enter and receipt purchase orders but you will get an error if you try to voucher match against this number.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Marty

Fernando,

This is probably more suited to the applications forum, but here goes:

In the address book, the related addresses tab, the last input item is call "Factor/Special Payee." The address book number of the payee can be entered here if for all or most PV's raised (in-coming invoices) are received from one supplier (the address book record) but are to be paid to another supplier ("Factor/Special Payee").

For the payment to be made to a different supplier on a one-off basis, the Speed Release app can be used to change the Payee address book number on the PV.

That's my AUD$0.02 worth. I hope it helps.

Back